Huw joined CHEME in 2012 as a research officer in health economic methodology. Since then Huw has worked on a number of grant applications including the cognitive rehabilitation for Parkinson’s disease project and a project on digital dictation for BCUHB. Huw’s background is in applied economics, having received a masters in Applied Economics and Data Analysis from the University of Essex in 2003, and has worked as a research officer at Swansea University and Bangor University’s business school and law school before joining CHEME. He is currently studying for a PhD in Adverse Childhood Experiences. Huw is also a musician and plays alto saxophone with local bands Drymbago and Geraint Lovgreen.
- Ghaneh P, Hanson R, Titman A, Lancaster G, Plumpton C, Lloyd-Williams H, et al. PET-PANC: multicentre prospective diagnostic accuracy and health economic analysis study of the impact of combined modality 18fluorine-2-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose positron emission tomography with computed tomography scanning in the diagnosis and management of pancreatic cancer. Health Technology Assessment 2018;22(7)
- Watermeyer, T.J., Hindle, J.V., Roberts, J, Lawrence, C.L., Martyr, A, Lloyd-Williams, H, Brand, A, Gutting, P, Hoare, Z, Edwards, R.T., Clare, L,. (2016) Goal Setting for Cognitive Rehabilitation in Mild to Moderate Parkinson's Disease Dementia and Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Parkinson's Disease. Volume 2016. Article ID 8285041
- Hindle, J. V., Watermeyer, T. J., Roberts, J., Martyr, A., Lloyd-Williams, H., Brand, A., ... & Clare, L. (2016). Cognitive rehabiliation for Parkinson's disease demantia: a study protocol for a pilot randomised controlled trial.Trials, 17(1), 1.
- Hughes, D., Charles, J., Dawoud, D., Edwards, R.T., Holmes, E., Jones, C., Parham, P., Plumpton, C., Ridyard, C., Lloyd-Williams, H. and Wood, E., 2016. Conducting Economic Evaluations Alongside Randomised Trials: Current Methodological Issues and Novel Approaches. PharmacoEconomics, pp.1-15.
Davies R, Lloyd-Williams H (2014), “An Investigation of the Potential for Wales-Level Analysis of the British Household Panel Survey and Understanding Society: An illustrative analysis of poverty dynamics in Wales”, Welsh Government Social Research No 31, 2014.
Davies R, Jones M, Lloyd-Williams H, (2014) “Age and work-related health: insights from the UK Labour Force Survey”, British Journal of Industrial Relations, Published Online. Doi: 1111/bjir. 12059
- Dobbins T, Plows A, Lloyd-Williams H, “’Make do and mend’ after redundancy at Anglesey Aluminium: critiquing human capital approaches to unemployment”, Work Employment and Society, Published online December 6 2013.
- Edwards RT, Charles J, Lloyd-Williams H, (2013) “Public health economics: a systematic review of guidance for the economic evaluation of public health interventions and discussion of key methodological issues”, BMC Public Health 2013, 13: 1001.
- Davies R, Lloyd-Williams H, Wadsworth E , ‘Analysis of the correlates of self-reported work related illness in the Labour Force Survey’, Health and Safety Executive 2013.
- ‘Worker representation and consultation on health and safety: An analysis of the findings of the European Survey of Enterprises on New and Emerging Risks (ESENER)’ European Risk Observatory Report. 2012.
- ‘An Anatomy of Economic Inequality in Wales’ WISERD/RRS/002, Lloyd-Williams et al 2011.