PrAISED: Promoting Independence, Activity and Stability in Early Dementia
NIHR Programme Grant for Applied Research
Professor Rowan Harwood, Nottingham University
To maintain independence, wellbeing and quality of life for people with early dementia, by promoting activity and reducing falls and their adverse consequences.
- To develop an intervention designed to promote activity and independence and reduce falls, amongst people with early dementia or mild cognitive impairment
- To study ways of promoting uptake and adherence to the intervention
- To undertake a feasibility trial to test the intervention in practice, and prepare for a definitive multi-centred randomised controlled trial
- To test the effectiveness of the intervention in a multi-site randomised controlled trial.
- To undertake a process evaluation to study intervention delivery, context, facilitators and barriers
- To prepare to undertake a health economic evaluation
- To prepare for dissemination and implementation of findings from the programme